Thursday, April 1, 2010

Serenity


I missed Firefly when it first aired.  No idea why.  Maybe I was too busy working or chasing skirts.  Or I didn't have cable.  But about five years later I sat down with the whole series and watched it through.  I loved it.

So then I saw Serenity (the name of the spaceship).  It nicely wrapped up most of the storylines yet hadits own plot.  It was really pretty good science fiction.  And that's hard to do.  If you like SF flicks, then this is a must-see.  And don't worry if you haven't seen the series, it has enough backstory for you to easily catch up.

4.5 out of 5 stars.

Plot Summary:
Picking up where his cult show "Firefly" left off, writer-director Joss Whedon's tale of galactic unrest follows Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion), captain of the transport ship Serenity, and his scrappy but loyal crew. When the ship picks up two fugitives from the powerful coalition ruling the universe, "Mal" and his mates find themselves at the center of a cosmic conflict, pursued by military forces and space-roaming savages.

No comments:

Post a Comment