Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back to the Barnyard

Ok, let me start off by saying the kids enjoyed this. But it lost at least one star because the artists and animators didn't care to do any research on what cows really look like. I know it's a cartoon, and animals don't talk either, but male cows - bulls - DON'T HAVE UDDERS!

It drives me up a wall when I see this movie, or the spin off series. This big, manly bull with udders. Like he's some sort of cross-dressing bovine, or a transbullvite. It's so udderly - I'm sorry - UTTERLY wrong that it ruins the whole thing for me.

My kids think I'm crazy to get so worked up, as does my wife. So if you don't care about whether or not the animals are drawn right, then add a star to the review. Otherwise, avoid the cringe.

1.5 out of 5 stars

Plot Summary:
When the farmer's back is turned, the animals party down in Barnyard. A young cow named Otis (voiced by Kevin James, The King of Queens) loves to have fun at the farm's wild late-night hoe-downs, despite the disapproval of his father, Ben (Sam Elliott, Thank You for Smoking). When Ben dies defending the barnyard from marauding coyotes, Otis is chosen as the new leader--but responsibility sits uneasily on Otis' head and he fears he may not be able to protect his friends from the coyotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment