Friday, March 26, 2010

Batman and Robin and the Near Death of a Franchise

I love Batman. What's not to love? He's rich, deeply disturbed, and violent. I like George Clooney, too. Yet this one movie almost single-handedly killed the entire franchise (it did manage to put it in a coma until Batman Begins was released).

Where to start on what was wrong? Who has that kind of time? Too many villains, too many egos, too many heroes, a story that was so insipid as to make comic fans think it unrealistic, and those damn nipples on Batman's costume. I mean really, who thought it was a good idea to put nipples on the Dark Knight's costume? I can take Adam West's Batman more seriously, and he did the frackin' Batdance!

This movie should have been taped only on betamax; that way no one left could watch the thing. It's like a real version of The Ring, except instead of dying everyone who watches it loses 20 IQ points.

I give it a 1 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment